CAMPUS RUBIKA VALENCIENNESIN THE HEART OF NORTHERN EUROPE
Since 2015, RUBIKA has been located at the Serre Numérique, a center of excellence dedicated to the image and digital creation professions. The campus brings together workspaces, companies, research laboratories and technological equipment: 3D 4k amphitheater, shooting studio, virtual reality space, render farm, powerwall, fablab…
RUBIKA invests 1 million euros each year in the purchase of computer equipment (computers, consoles…), the renewal of software licenses or the acquisition of new equipment. RUBIKA students have a dedicated personal computer on site and are not obliged to invest in their own computer.
With more than 17,000 m² of infrastructure, RUBIKA guarantees its students an optimal working environment in line with the expected professionalism.
State-of-the-art equipment is available to students:
applied and transfer
of virtual reality
DO YOU KNOW VALENCIENNES?
With nearly 44,000 inhabitants, Valenciennes is at the heart of a vast conurbation that forms the 4th largest urban unit in the Hauts-de-France region. Located 45 km southeast of Lille, at the gateway to Belgium, the city is less than 300 km from five European capitals: Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, London and Luxembourg.
KEY POINTS OF LIFE IN VALENCIENNES
- a position at the heart of Northern Europe
- an affordable cost of living for all budgets
- a city steeped in history with a rich cultural, industrial and artistic heritage…
- public transportation for all (freeif you are under 25 years old)
- numerous shops and attractive shopping areas (the Centre Place d’Armes Valenciennes offers more than 60 shops)
- administrative services at departmental level
- high-performance health equipment (Hospital Center, Clinics, etc.)
- numerous cultural and leisure facilities (Museum of Fine Arts, Le Phénix Scène Nationale, Casino de Saint-Amand-Les-Eaux, Le Boulon, an Escape Game, a Lasergame, a bowling alley, Cinemas, Leisure Centre…)
- sports facilities (Hainaut Stadium, Valenciennes golf course, Valigloo skating rink…)
- proximity to nature (Scarpe Escaut Regional Nature Park – 6000 hectares of forests, 4 lakes, access to the marina)
- the escape just next door : Opal Coast, Belgium, Ardennes…
ACCOMMODATION IN VALENCIENNES
RUBIKA does not have a boarding school but Valenciennes offers many housing opportunities, in public or private residences or apartments. The student housing most requested by first year students are undoubtedly the CROUS university residences. Specially designed to accommodate students, they offer comfortable rooms or studios for a particularly reasonable price. If there is no room left, do not hesitate to turn to private student residences such as Les Estudines Valenciennes, located 3 minutes from the campus and with which we have a partnership.
🏠 The average rent in Valenciennes is 389 euros including charges for a studio apartment. During the course of their studies, many students choose to rent a studio apartment.
WELLNESS AND SPORT
RUBIKA makes the well-being of its students a priority. Our commitment goes through various services and awareness-raising actions: health forum « Kenkō », intervention of experts and of course, the promotion of sports activities. Sport participates dynamically in the physical and mental development of students. It is also an important vector of productivity, creativity, communication and team spirit. In addition to the free activities available on the campus (yoga, basketball, ping-pong), the Bureau des Sports RUBIKA (RUBIKA Sports Office) offers its members sports outings (laser game, bowling, skating rink) in partnership with the host structures.
The associative life of RUBIKA is managed by the BDE (Bureau des Etudiants) (Students’ Office), a 1901-type association managed by representatives elected at the beginning of the school year. The BDE federates students around extra-curricular activities. These activities include contests, festive events, partnerships, trips, workshops, and many others. The events organized and financed by the association allow each student to meet fellow students from other tracks and years.
More than an event organizer, the BDE is a representative body that listens to students to help them carry out their projects and make their voices heard by the administration and local institutions.
For more information or simply to contact students, do not hesitate to send an email to email@example.com.