RUBIKA Entrance Exam Preparatory Class Tips
THE ENTRANCE EXAM
The entrance exam takes place over one day with written tests:
- An observation drawing test (still-life).
- An imaginative drawing test
A 20 minutes individual interview will be conducted by the pedagogical director or one of the speakers from the preparatory class. During this interview, the candidate will have to explain his/her motivations to follow a basic training in graphic arts, his/her cultural knowledge, interests, hobbies, etc. In addition, the candidate may present personal works in the form of a book, so that we can get an idea of his/her methodology, existing (or less existing) graphic education and stylistic exploration.
- Scott Robertson – How to draw sketches and environments
- Gary Martin – Encrage de comics : Les secrets des maîtres
- Michel Lauricella – Morpho : Formes synthétiques
- Marcos Mateu-Mestre – Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers
Draw every day: you can easily produce one drawing a day … It doesn’t matter if you’re creating or observing, just draw!
Cultivate yourself : watch films, reports, read books, … It will feed your imagination and your creativity !